February 14, 2011

How sweet it is to be loved by you

He is here!
Welcome to the world Gunnar Wade!



Well last sunday morning I woke up for a usual middle of the night bathroom run only to be surprised by my water breaking instead! Let me tell you that is a weird feeling! That was definitely not what I was expecting and I really didn't feel any contractions that would have made me think I was in labor. We didn't exactly know what to do so we called my mom who miraculously was awake to answer the phone. She told us to grab our bags and head to hospital. (sidenote: our bags had been packed since the last time I went into labor. After that week, I knew nothing could prepare me for having a baby but I was at least going to be prepared by having a packed bag) When we checked into the hospital I was dialated to a 4 and the nurse told me I was going home with a baby. They brought us to labor and delivery and hooked me up with a sweet epidural... highly recommended. Tanman and I even got to sleep for a few hours. The next time they checked me I was a 9 and about tweny minutes later we were ready to push. A few minutes later our son was laying on my stomach looking back up at me and sucking his thumb.

What an amazing experience

Tanman was a perfect coach and a total support. I love my boys so much!



Because he was born so preemie (measuring in at about 35 weeks) at 5 pounds 5 ounces the doctors had a close eye on him making sure that he was developed and healthy enough to go home with us. The pediatritian gave us a 20% chance that we would go home with him which absolutely broke my heart. I think our little guy heard him because he ate so well that day and passed all of his tests which totally surprised us all (plus a little prayer always helps) and they gave him the go ahead to come home with us.







Life has been a crazy whirlwind ever since but I couldn't be more happy.

We have been visited by so many family and friends and super lucky to have my family staying with us for two weeks to help. (I'll do another post with pictures of our family) I might be comatose all day long but he makes it worth it and I couldn't do it without their help. A big thank you to everyone who has helped us get through the days and the nights! We are asbolutely in love with our new arrival and so grateful that everyone is doing well and staying healthy.


There is definitely a sudden bond and love that overcomes you when you first get to meet your child. I still get emotional when I look at all these pictures. I am so grateful for my husband and my son. They are the loves of my life.

6 comments:

*Becky* said...

I'm so happy for you both! He is absolutely darling. I love the first picture of him looking up at you. He knows his momma

Jackie haisley said...

Congrats Mer! I so enjoyed reading this!

Lindsay said...

So cute! He is so adorable, we sure love him!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

What a sweet post Meredith! I want to come see him and hold him so bad!! I think we are about done with this stupid sick thing in our house!! I'll call you soon so we can come cuddle little Gunnar! Isn't motherhood wonderful? :) You guys sure made one cute little guy! Love you both!

Arleene said...

Aw so sweet, I loved reading your post. Congrats, you guys look so happy!

Jon, Andrea, Carter, Lincoln & Bennett said...

Oh, he is SO cute, Meredith! Congrats! Enjoy every minute with your precious, heaven-sent boy. We need to come pay you guys a visit! :)