May 18, 2012

up to speed (part 1 of many...)

So in the past month we have had sooo many things going on and quite a few changes! Right after Easter, G and I drove our diesel machine to California. The trip was supposed to be for a weekend where we could see our family, play at E's birthday party and make it to our dear Denny's funeral. Once the youngster and I welcomed ourselves at Grammy and Grampy's we found out that we had not one but two funerals to go to, so we stretched our trip out another week to be with our friends and family. (Any longer and my heart would have missed Mr. L far too much...)

Grammy and Grampy "suckered" up to G the minute we showed up and gave him his first lollipop! He was a little bit excited ... at least he shared!





G and W got to spend the afternoon with eachother too playing on W's new playground! They were so funny to watch. It is so nice to have the boys so close in age. They are the cutest things... (I might be partial)





Boys will be boys




Towards the end of our adventure, FaceTime just wasn't cutting it anymore so we finally ventured back to home to give dad hugs and kisses. The drive was so peaceful...


... until he figured out how to wiggle out his of carseat. great.

1 comment:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Oh my gosh! He is just so cute! I love his cut off jean shorts, I might have to copy you on that! Hudson already has the same exact cream v-necked shirt-- but why would that even surprise you??

I wish I could go to California for two weeks (the funeral part not so much) but the weather is starting to kill me! Can't wait for you guys to move into your new place so we can come swimming! Yahoo!