March 12, 2013

Nesting

Oh I have caught the nesting bug like a bear on honey. It's bad. It's real bad. The benefit, however, is that my growing list of tasks that I've been working on since August has significantly diminished. Our rooms have been rearranged. Furniture has finally been refinished and found its "final" place in the house instead of a temporary hold in the office or guest room or a closet somewhere. Curtains and frames have been hung. The garage is completely organized down to the refrigerator and mopped floors. The office and all my crafting supplies are ready to be used and the sewing machine has its own little desk for my convenience. Unfortunately the list is still long and possibly never-ending but that's what happens when you're 8 months pregnant and constantly running around with a notebook in one hand and a pen in the other. Out of all the bedrooms, Gunnar's is the one that is completely finished (for now) and I'm really loving it! I have to give credit where it's due because Tan was the one who talked me into the "dresser" that we put in his room. I had an entirely different idea but in all actuality it was pure genius! I love that it gives G the freedom to not only pick his own clothes everyday but to also help me clean up and put them away. It also just looks so cute to have a tool chest as a dresser. We all love it.












The day we finished his room and each day since, this boy grabs a book and his blanket after he wakes up from his nap and cuddles in his chair for a few. I take that as he likes his room. 




2 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I absolutely love everything about his room! The tool box really was a genius idea for a dresser! You have got such great taste and you are so talented Meredith! Can't wait to see what you do with baby girls room!

Jessica Downey said...

Looks sooo good! You're so talented :)