The crib is no longer.
Once upon a time in a hot, dry desert, I buckled up the little ones and journeyed to the Mecca of motherhood otherwise known as Targé (or Target if you prefer) to escape the melting of the world outside as many mothers do round here. It had been a long few days (months). Gunnar had discovered an escape route from his crib and sleep was already minimal with regular midnight baby feedings. As I perused the shelves, my eyes caught glimpse of a red sticker. The kind of red sticker I had only dreamt of. This one had numbers on it and an "80% off" right next to it. It was a bed. Not just any bed, but a BIG BOY bed! I couldn't believe me eyes or the numbers in front of me and snatched that thing up before anyone could stop me. With all the busyness of vacations and visitors the box was set aside until another day when there might be a mattress to go with it. Then one fateful day, our family trip to Costco turned into a life changer for our little 2 year old. There in front of us was none other than a "big boy bed" mattress. And just like that Gunnar was on cloud 9 and the nightly bedroom escapes disappeared. And our entire family slept happily ever after.
![]() |
| SUCCESS! |







2 comments:
Okay, this makes me want to go get a big boy bed for Hudson and have my boys start sharing a room! Hudson has been really weird with his sleep lately and says he gets scared. I think the boys would do good with sharing beds. I love Gunnars face in his new big boy bed! He looks pretty darn excited!
Gunnar looks like such a grown up with his big boy bed!
Post a Comment