March 3, 2010

lay off me... i'm starving!

We officially went to the grocery store and oh what an adventure it was!

We aren't too familiar with our surroundings just yet so the drive itself took a good fifteen minutes and included quite a bit of u-turns before we found a grocery store. Once we arrived in the land of edible delights, we figured the best plan of attack would be to walk up and down each aisle to make sure that we wouldn't forget anything (we ended up missing a few aisles... which made for another fun-filled trip back). The best part of this escapade was in fact, when I realized that we forgot the hamburger buns and went running back to the bread aisle. As soon as I got near the buns and my hands were about to clinch the plastic wrapped goodness, I heard a voice in my direction. "You're back! You're still here?" I turned and saw a cute girl that worked in this food haven. At first I wasn't sure if she knew me, but then she continued. "I swear you and your husband were in this aisle about an hour and a half ago. But I must say I have never seen a couple have so much fun in the bread aisle before, I couldn't even bring myself to interrupt and greet you!" She smiled and I turned red. I laughed off my embarrassment that people might actually have been paying attention to our ridiculousness and told her she could greet me now if she wanted. We both smiled and Tanman and I quickly checked out. Next time, we're making a list and sticking to it.

3 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I laughed when I read that because I've done that same exact thing more than once!! Glad you guys made the most of it and had fun!

Amy said...

hahahaha! That is so funny. I too have had to make multiple trips to the store in the matter of hours. Gotta love it!

Jon, Andrea, Carter, Lincoln & Bennett said...

Saw your comment on my blog, I totally wouldn't consider that spying! Hope married life is going well!!! Andrea :)