March 10, 2010

trying out my snow shoes

I don't quite remember the last time I played in the snow. I know that when I lived in Nauvoo it snowed, but I'm pretty sure it was like the last day we were there and we didn't even get a chance to enjoy it. This leads me to believe that the last time I was even in the snow was February of 2001 when we stayed in Uncle John's house. Nevertheless, it is super fun and quite cold! Tanman and I went to a friend's cabin a couple of hours away for the weekend and I was able to go sledding for the first time that I really remember. You better believe I layered up with my California "winter clothes" but I did miraculously already own a turtleneck, a puffer vest, and a windbreaker (all three still had the tags on them). It was a bit tiring hiking up that darn hill each time we survived the downward fall. Towards the end we just started standing on our sleds to see how long we could stay up and that way we wouldn't go all the way to the bottom of the hill before we had to climb tooth and nail to the top. I lasted quite a bit, which leads me to believe that I might be ready for snowboarding! ...maybe next season...

3 comments:

Amy said...

How fun! Cute pics. Sledding is so fun glad you had a good time.

CGray said...

You guys are too darn cute! Playing in the snow is the best! I'm glad you had a lot of snow to play in.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Cute snow clothes! You definitely need to try snow boarding or skiing next snow season! It's so fun!!