April 25, 2011

Easters

This year we dedicated our entire weekend to Easter festivities. On friday we colored eggs at our house with my cousins, sisters-in-law and all of our kids. It was a very fun, very busy afternoon. The boys of course got bored and went into the other room and watched Tangled. Needless to say as soon as it got quiet or we heard a noise we weren't quite familiar with all the moms woud run in to see what was going on... most of the time it was a false alarm. It was entertaining for sure!




upfront is supposed to be  'chick egg' and a "dino egg"... not my best :)


After the party, we headed to the Easter pageant at the Mormon Temple. It was amazing. I have never seen so many people in my life! I had never even heard of it before I moved here, but it is obviously a pretty big deal! On saturday we went to my in-laws for a basket search and BBQ. Tanman's brother hid our basket and said it was the hardest. Of course my witty mind found it in a jiffy. So Tanman and I decided to hide his in our spot and pretend like we never found ours. It sure was fun watching him search all over! At one point I started eating some candy from our basket and he caught me! I told him I snuck it out of our nephew's basket! He believed me. It was a little like stealing candy from a baby... (ok bad joke, but I had to)

The Easter bunny was pretty sneaky at our house. On sunday, it took Tanman half an hour to find his basket! The eggs were no walk in the park either. That shifty bunny color coordinated the eggs to all the hiding spots! These were my two favorite spots:



This is just a small part of the "looking" Tanman did. All this mess and it still took almost an hour to find everything in just two rooms!

Baby G loved all the fun so much that he took a four hour nap just to recoup! When he woke up he was ready to play and show off his cute easter outfit.


He is quite handsome if I do say so myself!

For dinner, we headed to my family's house. We had dinner outside on blankets watching the kids play and then we went inside and had an Easter program. It was so nice to end the crazy weekend reflecting on what it all really is about.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

So Cute!! Dying Easter eggs was so much fun! Gunnar is adorable love his outfit!

Jon, Andrea, Carter, Lincoln & Bennett said...

Ahh, Baby G looks too cute in that tie onesie! Yay for a fun first Easter!

Lauren and Brian Phelps said...

I think he looks just like you meredith. What a cute little guy.