May 16, 2011

welcome to the Gun show

A few weeks ago when my family was over at our house, we were trying to think of some good nicknames for G man. My sister started calling him Guns and we all thought it was super cute until she was talking to baby W and said "Come on honey. Let's go play with Guns!". We all laughed pretty hard and from that moment on baby G was stuck with a new nickname.

Well, this weekend I turned my child into a pun:



......and took baby G to go shooting with us. We have collected quite a number of guns over the years and have loved practicing with them, but as soon as we found out there was a little guy in my belly we had to call it quits for a while. On Saturday, the weather was perfect and we packed up my car and headed to "the desert"......who are they kidding? We are IN the desert!



G was quite the trooper. He stayed in the car the whole time and played or slept while we took turns shooting and hanging out with him. He wasn't really a fan of the ear covers that's for sure! It's a good thing the air conditioner in the car totally muffled the sound. He obviously had a blast!

For the peace lovers out there (Smelly) I put him in a "peace" sign onesie on Sunday to make up for it!

3 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I'm digging the new nick name! I can't wait to see the look on peoples faces when I ask my kids if they want to go play with guns!!! ha ha! Awesome. :)

Lindsay said...

I love it!!! He is so dang adorable, I miss him!! And you look amazing!

CGray said...

I love all the pictures! You're camera is amazing as are your photography skills. Gunnar is such a cutie pie! Hope to see you on Tuesday night!