February 6, 2013

two



Two little feet, ten little toes,
Leave their impressions today.
Soon they will wear two little shoes,
And be running and jumping at play.
Two little feet, too little time,
Before they are walking to school,
Kicking a rock, or skipping a rope,
Wading a puddle or jumping a pool.
Two little feet, One little child,
Will soon go their own way,
But footprints in my mind recall,
They stood here yesterday.
- Unknown



I have put off writing this post for too long. It seems that Gunnar is officially two and I must accept it. I refuse to believe that time has passed so quickly. To me he is still me sweet little 5 pound (more like 32 pound) newborn snuggly buddy. What a blessing it has been to have him in our family. I can hardly imagine what life was like before his love. There is no better feeling than when he looks up at me and I look back at him and he just can't control the smile that comes across his face. It makes my heart melt faster than anything. I feel just so lucky to have him. Happy Birthday buddy!


2 year Stats:
height - 39inches (above 95 percentile)
weight - 32pounds (70-95 percentile
head - 20 (90-95 percentile)
...in other words... he is a petite little boy


Favorite Words:
Dayee (daddy), mum-mum, truck, ChooChoo, Ruff-Ruff, bright, dark, stuck, shoes, juice and sock

Favorite Food:
m & m's (courtesy of grammy and grampy), chocolate milk (again... thanks grammy and grampy), mac 'n cheese, yogurt and oatmeal

Favorite Things:
trucks, trains and planes, stuffed doggies (he must cuddle with no less than three at a time) and baby sister

No comments: